In episode 43 of the Growth Series podcast, Katie Pepper, Communications Manager at Accord Mortgages, is joined by Jack Scarff, a Senior Mortgage and Protection Consultant at The Mortgage Broker. Jack works with clients who have varying and sometimes complex needs. Together, Katie and Jack discuss the current environment around mortgages and what brokers can do now to grow their business.
This is the first episode of our special series 'Supporting clients through change' and follows on from the ‘Adapting to change’ series we did during the Covid-19 lockdown. This new series looks at how brokers can move forward as the lockdown eases. Jack and Katie cover what the outlook is in mortgages right now, how brokers can get ahead of the game with regard to approaching complex cases, and upskilling. Jack also shares ideas for how lenders could make the most of a difficult situation.
Jack shares his advice for brokers around gaining knowledge and stresses the importance of using technology to stay up to date with what is happening in the world of brokers. As an advocate of adding value to help clients, Jack hosts a YouTube series rife with tips for clients which can be found here. You can also follow Jack on Instagram.
The Growth Series is a dedicated resource that aims to help mortgage brokers grow their business using digital and communications marketing techniques. For more hints and tips on how to grow your business, you can sign up to the Growth Series for free, here.
1.38 - 27.34 discuss:
- Staying motivated through difficult times
- Challenges facing the mortgage industry
- The types of complex clients Jack works with
- Common misconceptions of borrowers
- Using virtual events and webinars to network
- The importance of brokers and underwriters communicating
- Concerns of first-time buyers
- Considerations for brokers looking to work with landlords
- Jack’s business priorities for the coming months