In episode 35 of the Growth Series podcast, Chris Maggs, Senior Commercial Manager at Accord Buy To Let, is joined by Ying Tan, founder and Chief Executive of Dynamo, specialists in Buy To Let lending. Together, Chris and Ying explore the direction and growth of the Buy To Let market in 2020. They also consider how brokers can capitalise on developments, and how lenders and players like Dynamo can offer support to ensure those brokers go on to grow their businesses.
A new survey of the Buy To Let market conducted by Perrys Chartered Accountants revealed that 75% of people still believe that investing in buy-to-let is worthwhile. Among millennials the number was even higher at 83%. Is it still an opportunity for brokers? What innovation does the future hold for this market? And what benefits are there for brokers looking to expand into this sector?
Ying gives us a snapshot of the whole Buy To Let market, its tax implications for those who invest, the direction the market is heading, and the work lenders can do to help make the market accessible.
The Growth Series is a dedicated resource that aims to help mortgage brokers grow their business using digital and communications marketing techniques. For more hints and tips on how to grow your business, you can sign up to the Growth Series for free, here.
0.00 - 1.00 Welcome and Introduction
1.01 - 39.30 Chris and Ying discuss:
- Why Buy To Let is still a lucrative option for those wanting to make an investment
- How the market is growing, and has grown since the 2008 crisis
- How certainty over Brexit will benefit the market
- The impact of recent tax changes
- The pros and cons of buying through a limited company
- Innovation in the Buy To Let market
- Whether it is right that lenders cap LTV at 80%
- Where Dynamo sees growth in 2020
39.31 - 41.31 Outro